The Club recently purchased its first plane, a 1968 Piper PA-28-140 Cherokee (C-FXRH).
This plane will be used for pilot training and for the personal use of club members. Club members who qualify can rent the plane for personal use on an hourly basis.
This plane can be booked using our online service Book Our Plane (log-in page)
To use this service, you must signup and be approved by the Club. To do this, go here.
- Crew: one pilot
- Capacity: three passengers
- Length: 23.3 feet
- Wingspan: 30.0 feet
- Height: 7.3 feet
- Wing area: 160 sq ft
- Airfoil: NACA 652-415
- Empty weight: 1201 lb
- Useful load: 949 lb
- Loaded weight: 2150 lb
- Max. takeoff weight: 2150 lb
- Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming O-320-E2A Sensenich M74DM propeller, 150 hp
- Propeller diameter: 74 inches
- speed: 123 knots (142 mph)
- Cruise speed: 108 knots (124 mph)
- Stall speed: 47 knots (54 mph)
- Range: 465 nm (535 mi)
- Service ceiling: 14,300 feet
- Rate of climb: 660 ft/min
- Wing loading: 13.4 lb/sq ft
- Power/mass: 14.3 lb/hp
For interest only, here is a link to a (very big file) sample cherokee owners handbook. DO NOT USE THIS FOR FLIGHT PLANNING. An official handbook is available from the Club.